College Week Comes to Pinole Valley High

Photo by EAOP Leader Stephanie

Spartan Ink reporter Sara Molina posing at Tuesday’s College Week photo booth.

Sara Molina, Staff Writer and Reporter

It’s College Week at Pinole Valley High! It’s a week designed to get students thinking about their future, encouraging Spartans to reach out with any questions about college. College Week is brought to us by College Advising Corps, Early Academic Outreach Program (EAOP), and Destination College Advising Corps (DCAC), with the help of students in the EAOP program.

University of the Pacific, Sonoma State, and San Francisco State are a few colleges that were scheduled to come to our school. With the school closed on Oct. 28, College Week took a slight hit as the power outage on Monday caused school to be canceled.

On Tuesday (10/29), there was a College Swag Photobooth, out in the Quad. You could get your picture taken, upload it on Instagram answering the question  “Why do you want to go to college?” and tagging @eaop_pvhs.  If you get the most likes, then you win a gift card!

During lunch in Room c212 on Wednesday (10/30), there was a College Alumni Student Panel. True to it’s name, a few  college alumni, one from UC Santa Barbara, UC Berkeley, and UC Davis came and answered any questions that Spartans had about college. Not only did Spartans get more insight on the college experience, a bunch of snacks were provided.

Then on November 1, there was a whole fair out on the Quad. There were games you could play to earn tickets, and for every 3 tickets, those could be exchanged for an entry to win a prize such as a hydro flask, buttons, or a college banner!

The stands were run by a combination of adults and students; how well you did at the game determined the amount of tickets that you won. And at the end of the game, they’d ask you a fact about college, and if you got it right, you’d earn another ticket.

Through seminars, photo booths, and a fun fair out in the quad, College Week was a success at getting people to think about their future. Hats off to everyone that helped this happen at Pinole Valley!