“Lover” Album by Taylor Swift

“It’s the first album of mine that I’ve ever owned, and I couldn’t be more proud,” Taylor Swift tweeted.

press release photo

Jessica Tran, Staff Writer

The former country singer, now queen of pop, has done it again! The new music album “Lover” by Taylor Swift was released to the public on the 23rd of August. 3 years later after her comeback album, “Reputation,” “Lover” was released. “Lover” became 2019’s biggest sales week in the U.S. after the First Day of Release to the public according to the entertainment media company,  Billboard. “It’s the first album of mine that I’ve ever owned, and I couldn’t be more proud,” she wrote on the social media app, Twitter.

You’ve probably felt close and related deeply with a song from your favorite artist before. A beautiful love song could make you cry tears of joy or sadness because you’re lonely or thankful for having the best significant other ever, just because the lyrics are accurately relatable to your love life.

Every musician or songwriter has their own twist or style of adding meaning to their music, ranging from beats to song lyrics. Taylor has expressed herself, thrown shade, easter eggs, etc in her music.

Every iconic Taylor Swift song has a hidden meaning. For example, Taylor’s new song on her “Lover” album, “Soon You’ll Get Better” featuring the Dixie Chicks is highly raw and emotional.

In March, Taylor announced her mother’s cancer has returned, the song is about her mother’s battle with cancer. I highly advise you to listen to the song alone, warning, it will make you cry.

“Soon You’ll Get Better”, might be the most emotional song on the album but the best upbeat song obviously has to go to “Cruel Summer.”  “Cruel Summer” might not sound like the best song on the album the first time you listen to it, but once you give it another shot, IT IS A BOP.

And finally another song on the “Lover” album, “It’s Nice to Have a Friend” is about a friendly friendship that started in grade school and eventually going into adulthood, the friendship turns into something more than just friends. Fans have been conspiring rumors that supposedly Taylor and her supermodel friend, Karlie Kloss may have actually been together in the past. But like how most break up goes, things went sour. You may have heard a choir In the background of “It’s Nice to Have a Friend”; students from Regent Park School of Music, Toronto youth program, were actually featured in the song. All proceeds from the song will go directly to the program, so everyone stream “It’s Nice to Have a Friend” RIGHT NOW! 

Now that you have a little knowledge about the album, you might as well go stream the whole album and become a Taylor Swift stan, because that’s what the skinny legend, mukbang, kitchen floor meltdown queen, Trish Paytas lipsynced to last night in her car.