Spartan Ink

2nd Week of March Scholarships

Here+is+this+week%27s+list+of+scholarship+opportunities+that+are+available+to+Pinole+Valley+High+School+students.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

2nd Week of March Scholarships

Here is this week's list of scholarship opportunities that are available to Pinole Valley High School students.

Image created by Barbara Gonzalez

Image created by Barbara Gonzalez

Image created by Barbara Gonzalez

Barbara Gonzalez, Staff Writer

Hello Spartans, there are some more scholarships this week. One of them is due pretty soon, so if you’re interested, make sure to apply soon:

• First is the PTSA scholarship. Great opportunity for seniors if you hop to it. We have forms in the front office, and here’s what you need to know.  You must complete the application, must have a copy of your transcript, must fill out the application and you need one teacher recommendation,  last year half a dozen students earned it, this year, why not you? Deadline is April 26. Their website isn’t too updated, so if you’re interested check out building 4 for information.
  • There is also the Fight the Fear Scholarship Slam Scholarshipwhere you write a poem about how you’ve fought your fears for your chance to win. You can win up to $500, but the deadline is March 19, 2019, which is pretty soon. So, if you are interested, or already has a poem that fits the theme, click the link.
  • Another is the Ninth Circuit Civics Contest, for those law academy students, where you submit a 500-1,000 word essay or a 3-5 minute video on the prompt; “What is an ‘Unreasonable Search and Seizure’ in the Digital Age?” You can earn up to $2,000 and the deadline is April 1st, 2019. Click the link for more details.
  • Finally, there is also another prom-themed scholarship, the “Stuck at Prom” Scholarship Contest, and the deadline is July 9th. You can win up to $10,000 for attending a school-sanctioned prom and submitting a photo to their website. Click the link to apply, and for more information.

Those are the scholarships for this week. I hope one of them caught your eye, so you can apply for that money. There are always opportunities and I hope one has opened up for you. Have a great week.