PVHS Life On The Field

” We love our field. It’s the only thing we have that isn’t temporary and it makes us value it so much more.”

PVHS Life On The Field

Gina Gallia, Staff Writer

It’s no secret that Pinole Valley High School’s lack of campus doesn’t stop our sports teams by any means. What we may lack on campus, we make up for on the field. Pinole Valley High School, if you don’t know already, is a campus made up of temporary portables giving it the nickname “Portable Valley.” Many see it as a joke until they see our athletes at work. Deuker Stadium is always alive with multiple sports practicing at once. Throughout the week, band, cheer, cross-country, basketball, soccer, and football all work hard to get better.

Cheer    Our cheer team is noticeably larger than it has been in the past few years. The girls work hard every weekday in preparation to cheer for the football team on Fridays. They consistently generate so much spirit and pep that our school wouldn’t be the same without them.

Band    Everyday at lunch and some days after school, our committed and award-winning band practices to keep up their amazing reputation! Our band is filled with so much talent and is so much fun to watch!

Cross-Country    Our school’s cross-country team deserves some recognition too. Monday through Thursday, student-athletes run many miles to keep up their stamina and capabilities. In addition, the runners do strength training on top of that to stay in shape. It takes a special person to be able to do that and if you don’t believe me, then you try it! Outs to cross country. 🙂

Basketball    Basketball is already working to get in shape for the season. Dedicated players climb bleachers, run, and work their way to strength so they can have the best season possible. We can’t wait to see them play.

Soccer     Our amazing soccer team is already working their way up to an amazing season as well. A few days a week, you’ll see soccer players and team captain out on the field making sure they are in shape this year.

Football    Saying the football team is hardworking is an understatement. Every day of the school week, our football team is out on the field to keep their record undefeated. You can feel the determination the players have even when they practice.

Our sports teams are a great example of how hard work pays off and we are proud of each and every one of our student-athletes.