Why you should pursue the career that you love

Gurnoor Joshan, Staff Writer

In high school, you take many classes and academies which you don’t enjoy. For instance, people may want to take an engineering academy but instead, they get a health academy which they aren’t satisfied with. Another scenario is where you take a job with a high salary but you don’t enjoy it or it wasn’t even your idea at all to work at this high paying job in the first place. But when you pick a career you love, you spend the majority of your time working at what you like.

You may not be able to plan everything in your future because it may come as a surprise, later on, so follow your interests A 2015 study published in The Annals of Behavioral Medicine found that pursuing your passion both lowers stress and contributes to greater happiness overall. Life just feels better when you have things in your hours that you want to do.

Your dreams are what can get you through even the worst days. If you are struggling, your dreams are your reason to keep going. They are why you wake up in the morning and try again. They are what makes your entire life worth living. Without our dreams, we are nothing. Another reason why you should follow your career is that you will be able to provide for your family with the income you’ll receive.

Unlike a few people who don’t care about jobs or careers they love and want to focus only on jobs with good salaries whether they enjoy it or not, we all could stand to take a few more risks. Worrying about the future is a waste of time–and in light of our conversation–a waste of money and good talent. Too many people feel stuck in their jobs, and this really hurts them and the companies they work for. If you are afraid of your boss, chances are you are afraid of doing your best work, too.

So do what career you want to do and you will succeed in the studies required for that career since you love it so much.