Spartan Ink

Being Thankful

Glendy Jimenez, Staff Writer

Thanksgiving. When we think of this holiday the first thing that pops in our heads is food and eating as much as you can, but there’s way more to this holiday then food. Thanksgiving is about family, giving, and being thankful for the things you have in life. I asked students and staff ‘what is the one thing they’re most thankful for’.

• Trevor Johnson

Relation: 9th grade/ freshman

Most thankful for: “I’m thankful for friends and family. I’m especially most thankful for those who’ve always been there for me through tough times. Shout out to those people you guys are the real MVP.”

• Cameron Moses

Relation: 9th grade/ freshman

Most thankful for: “Thankful for friends and family. I’m going to be with them my whole life and they are always there so of course I’m thankful for them. Also with my friends, I don’t know what I would do without them. I’m also very thankful for food, put that in there.”

• Mario Acosta

Relation: 10th grade/ sophomore

Most thankful for: “Sports. I’m most thankful for sports because they help me keep my mind off things. They help me be myself. They also know how to be loyal.”

• Pardeep Dhami

Relation: 10th grade/ sophomore

Most thankful for: “My dad. I’m most thankful for my dad. He helps me get through so many things. He supports me and has always given me good advice. I’m really thankful for my dad.”

• Rhoni Wilborn

Relation: 11th grade/ junior

Most thankful for: “I’m most thankful for life. My family, waking up every day to a new day, and the education I receive and everything around me. I’m really thankful for those things.”  

• Luis Gomez

Relation: 11th grade/ junior

Most thankful for: “I’m really thankful for my grandma. She’s always been there for me. She raised me and cares for me. I really appreciate everything she does. I’m most thankful for her.”

• Emma Lubinger

Relation: 12th grade/ senior

Most thankful for: “I’m most thankful for being able to experience things with my own eyes. My way of seeing the world in my own eyes.It’s amazing I can see things from my point of view and others. That’s what I’m truly thankful for.”

• Stephanie Jimenez

Relation: 12th/ senior

Most thankful for: “Obviously my family but to be different I would have to say my education. I say this because it helps me or shall I say allows me to interpret the world my own way by avoiding filtration. It shows me reality by providing me valuable knowledge.”   

There is so much more about Thanksgiving than just food. Think about what you’re thankful for and appreciate every little thing in your life. Remember Thanksgiving is about being thankful. Hope you enjoyed this article and laughed a little. Happy Thanksgiving!