Student of the Week

Jessica Gonzalez, Staff Writer

This weeks student of the week is Kimberly Arias!

To begin with she excels in her academics. She currently obtains a 4.4 gpa, which is amazing due to all the extra curricular activities she participates in. Kim is the National Honor Society publicist, We Science experiment leader and Vice President for JSA. She is a member of the marching and pep band where she was chosen to conduct “Pixar Movie Magic.” In addition to being a member she has also taken the role of being a mentor to incoming freshman. If you thought this was impressive, we are not done yet acknowledging this Spartan. Kimmy has also been highly involved in sports. She has been on the varsity soccer team since freshman year and her senior year she was nominated as captain and won MVP of the league. Same goes for cross country. All of this goes on during her academic school year but she doesn’t stop there.  The past three summer she has participated in a program at UC Berkeley called SMASH. SMASH is a STEM-intensive college preparatory program for underrepresented high school students of color. All this hard work has lead to her early acceptance to UC Berkeley and becoming a finalist for the Regents and Chancellors Scholarship where she could possible get a full ride. Congratulations Kim we at Spartan Ink are proud of your achievements, keep up the good work!!!