Humans of Pinole Valley: Monte Pare

Monte Pare is a junior at Pinole Valley High School.

Montejar Pare, Guest Contributor

“These past three weeks have changed me in a lot of ways, some for the better, some for the worse. While a few of these practical changes include arguably negative things such as a poor sleeping schedule and an increased interest in media like video games and anime, I’ve also made some changes for the better. I’ve improved both my workout regimen and my dietary habits, although neither is anywhere near perfect. I’ve also begun to get more social, forming bonds with all kinds of people on the internet from around the world. And of course, I’ve practiced my instrument like all musicians should. These psychological changes have proved to be a hodgepodge of different emotions and feelings. Due to the isolation, I have begun to contemplate, both about me as an individual and the world around me. I once heard a quote that said, “All of humanity’s problems stem from man’s inability to sit quietly in a room alone.” I would agree, as the human mind cannot help but ponder on the human condition and all that’s negative in the world. Several negative thoughts occurred to me but I expected as such and now I’ve begun to appreciate the enjoyment which comes with the outside world and real interaction with humans. The human mind is so interesting.  I’ve also finished Cowboy Bebop, which was really good.”