Calling all kings, queens, and everyone in between — ‘Mx. East Bay Drag Race Season 3’ is coming!

Back to Article
Back to Article

The cast of Mx. East Bay Drag Race Season 2; (from left to right); Champagne Lolita (Camille Rhodes), G. I. Solid Snake (Leslie “West” Alba), Genie (Asia Gant), Venus Retrograde (Mason Montano), Leo Hosley, Pink Melancholy (Paul Aguirre), Thai Tea (Tai Le), Starry Blush (Athena Fibanocci), and Elizab***h Gaylor (Robson Swift).

Brittany Hosea-Small, Richmond Pulse

Brittany Hosea-Small, Richmond Pulse

Brittany Hosea-Small, Richmond Pulse

Mason Montano, Music Editor

Ladies, gentlemen, and everyone in between — start your engines, and get ready to drag up your life!

If you’ve been attending PV for at least a year, then you may remember the massively successful drag show held last March at De Anza High School, in which current Junior and my beautiful drag daughter Tai Le emerged victorious as Mx. East Bay 2019!

Well, get ready girls and gays because it’s that time of year again! Our GSA and De Anza’s QSA are once again collaborating for the third annual Mx. East Bay Drag Race — a chance for you to show off your charisma, uniqueness, nerve, and talent through the age-old Queer art of drag! 

Of course, you don’t have to be Queer to participate, as the show is open to anyone and everyone that’s willing to compete for the crown, and GSA is currently casting for this year’s show, which is tentatively scheduled for late March / early April — although this is subject to change. If you’re interested in strutting your stuff in drag or if you’d like to help out as a member of the crew; whether it be tech, makeup, etc.; please feel free to contact me or one of our GSA staff members: Asia Gant and Nix Tiger.

Rehearsals will be held every Tuesday and Friday after school starting January 14th. The location will vary depending on what spaces become available, but we have plenty of group chats to keep everyone involved well-informed about the proceedings. We hope to see you there!

Brittany Hosea-Small, Richmond Pulse
Thai Tea (Tai Le) after winning the title of ‘Mx. East Bay 2019’.