The Sims™ 4 Discover University Expansion Pack Review

Big news for Sims fan! The Sims™ 4 Discover University Expansion Pack is out!

Promotional photo.

Lamar Johnson, Staff Writer

Ah! Finally, The Sims™ 4 Discover University Expansion Pack is here. It released on November 15, 2019, for PC and Mac and December 17, 2019, for Xbox One and PlayStation®4. After half a decade of pleading with EA and Maxis team, we finally got it.

• Price: $40
  • Release Date: November 15, 2019 & December 17, 2019
  • Publisher: EA (Electronic Arts)
  • Developer: EA Maxis
  • Platform: PC & Mac, Xbox One & PlayStation®4

Players that bought the pack would first be introduced to the new world. The new world is called Britechester is home to two rival campuses: the University of Britechester and Foxbury Institute. The Univerity of Britechester is based on English university architecture as well as the town. Foxbury Institute on the other hand mostly handles engineering and other subjects that require your sims to be hands-on.

The two campuses both offer on-campus housing as well as a roommate. The dormitories don’t have a kitchen so you would have to sit through a loading screen just to get an apple. The roommates do come with their personalities. For example, you might get a dirty roommate or a neat freak. You might even get a chef.

The pack introduces bicycles and golf carts. The last time we have seen a bicycle in The Sims™ was in The Sims™ 3 which was released in 2009. I think the golf carts were introduced in The Sims™ 3.

They also included bathroom stalls and a robot named Servo. You can build him at the robotics station. You cannot buy him activated in build mode.

The pack comes with a new computer and technology. You need a computer to enroll in University.

Also, the pack comes with some new features that include other packs. For example, if you have a celebrity of four stars in your household, they can help raise your chances of getting into a University.

Just like real life, you have scholarships, student loans and more. The Repo Man makes his return only if you fail to pay your bills. You can cheat on the tests. You would most likely get caught but it’s worth the grade.

I don’t see how the universities will help though. The jobs in the base game and other packs don’t require a degree. For example, my sim is a businessman working on the top floor.

Overall, the EA Maxis team finally listen to us and brought us this pack. I hope to see it succeed just like the previous The Sims™ 3. University Life Expansion Pack.