Spartan Ink

PVHS’s Favorite Shows on Netflix

Madison Goff, Staff Writer

There is nothing I love more than binge-watching a good T.V show. Everyone has different opinions on what the best shows are. So I talked to some students at Pinole Valley to find out what the top five shows on Netflix shows are. I got the input of 15 freshmen, 15 sophomores, 15 juniors, and 15 seniors. Here is what they had to say…  

5. American Horror Story

Although American Horror Story started in 2011, everyone still loves it just as much now. It is an anthology series (a series that tells a different story with different characters every season) that centers around different characters and locations. Both physical and psychological horrors affect everyone in the series whether it be in a house with a murderous past, an insane asylum, a witch coven, a hotel, a possessed farmhouse, a cult, or the apocalypse. 

4. The 100

This post-apocalyptic series, set 97 years after a nuclear war wiped out the entire earth, is about 100 juvenile delinquents who get sent back to earth to see if it can be reinhabited. They quickly discover that they are not the only ones on earth and are not welcome. “I really like how it grabs your attention from the very beginning. Every episode ends with a cliff hanger that keeps you wanting to watch more”, said one sophomore. 

3. Riverdale

Riverdale is a mystery series based on the characters by Archie Comics. After the small, quiet town of Riverdale is struck with the sudden mysterious death of a popular high school student, a group of friends take on the case and soon discover the deep secrets that their not so innocent town of Riverdale holds. When asked why they would recommend watching Riverdale, a junior said: “you get so invested in the characters and find yourself trying to solve what happened.”

2.Black Mirror

If you love science fiction and have seen The X-Files or The Twilight Zone, you are sure to love Black Mirror. This anthology series started in 2011 but didn’t make its way to Netflix until 2016. “It’s cool how every episode is different. You never know what’s going to happen,” said a junior. This show stands out because episodes are usually standalone and are set in an alternative present or the future with generally a dark tone. Black Mirror reveals how modern technologies can backfire and be used against their creators.

1. The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

And here it is! PV’s favorite show on Netflix! This show is a reboot of the popular 90’s sitcom Sabrina the Teenage Witch, that was based on an Archie Comics series. It is a supernatural horror about 16-year-old Sabrina who is half-witch and half-mortal. She must fight the evil forces that inhabit the world. One senior said, “ I love how dark it is and how it always keeps me wanting to watch the next episode.”

All images from Netflix.